- Featured Jobs
- Assistant Peer Review Officer
- Business Development Manager
- Technology Associate/Manager (Life Science) – Maternity Cover
- Global Food Security: Strategy & Policy Manager
- Senior Business Interaction Manager
- Strategy and Policy Manager: Skills and Careers
- Global Food Security: Strategy & Policy Officer
- Research Excellence Framework Panel Secretaries (13 posts) (Full time, one year secondment)
- Research Excellence Framework Panel Advisers (13 posts) (Part time, one year secondment)
- PhD studentships 2013
- Head of Freshwater Sciences
- IP & Licensing Manager
- NIHR Research Methods Fellow (1 fte)
- Research Policy Manager
- Research Assistant – PrICELESS Design
- Clinical Research Trials Fellow (Sports Health and Exercise Science)
- View All Jobs
- Latest News
The EU has formally approved rules on open data, which will allow the re-use of public sector information including research results.
The “vital, basic research” funded by the Medical Research Council will be safe even if the council’s budget is moved to the Department of Health, the science minister has said.
At last week’s inaugural Arab-Euro Conference on Higher Education in Barcelona, several speakers made the same point: it is hard for countries in the Middle East and north Africa to begin to collaborate in research programmes with Europe when they don’t even collaborate with each other.
Political turmoil since the Arab Spring of 2011 has raised expectations for higher education and research that existing institutions in the region are ill equipped to meet, attendees at the First Arab-Euro Conference on Higher Education were told.
A €250-million particle accelerator has been proposed by the Italian research group Cabibbo-Lab as a renewed take on the €1-billion project SuperB, cancelled by the government in December due to lack of funding.
- Conferences and Events
Thursday, 21st June 2012
International Auditorium, Brussels
After years of anticipation, the Commission’s proposal for Horizon 2020, the follow-up to Framework 7, is finally out. This document will define the direction, scope and financing of research in Europe for the next decade. Read more